The importance of Google places
Nowadays we have to go a step further than just building a website. We need to, not only fully SEO the site, but we also need to ensure Google places is done on our sites as well. But, what is Google places and what can it do for not only your website but your company as well?
Google places is a service that enables your customers, to easily find you on the Google map system. However, what does this mean? It means that anyone out there in this big wide world can find your business, what you do and where you are situated. This service is aimed mainly at small businesses to enable them to be seen on the internet, and the best part: IT’S FREE!
Google boosts your search engine optimisation due to the fact that you will only be competing locally and not in the entire country or province. So, it is cost effective and boosts your marketing, what's better? I can tell you this, not much!
A few tips to ensure you get it right the first time:
- Figure out as many categories you fall into
- Give a good explanation of your company and ensure your opening and closing hours are included
- Be relevant in the category you are in
- Use +/- 200 characters to explain who you are and what you do
- Use relevant keywords to describe what you do, but remember don’t go overboard
Google places can offer you numerous leads that was never available before! What are you waiting for? Go put your site on Google places today!!!