In order to keep your business ahead of its competition, social media marketing is a must. What is social media? Social media includes websites like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus where one can interact with friends, meet new people and keep up to date with one’s favourite businesses and other interests. Social media is basically a platform for communication- for both business and leisure! But how does social media & marketing come together? Social media marketing is great because it gives you a chance to make your business relatable and to maintain, as well as generate, new clients. The business of social media is growing every day and it makes sense to take full advantage of the opportunities provided by social media website- marketing on social media could transform your business forever.
So, how do you go about marketing on social media websites such as Google Plus? Well, the main aim of social media marketing is to get people talking- about you, about your business, about your products and services etc. Marketing on social media sites like Google Plus helps to get your business’s name ‘out there’. Google Plus is the perfect social media & marketing platform. Did you know that within weeks of its launch, Google Plus had over 18 million users? It makes sense to market your business where many people spend vast amounts of their time and, these days, that place is social media. As a marketing tool, social media like Google Plus offers businesses a number of benefits, opportunities and features:
- Plus one
- Video Chat and Huddles
As with general SEO, the key to good Google Plus marketing is frequent posting of new, interesting information relating to your business. Social media marketing is only effective if you do it regularly.
Develop a Strategy for Social Media
As with all aspects of business practice, social media marketing requires a strategy. So, what sort of strategy for social media should you use? Here are a few tips for social media & marketing:
- Make regular posts
- Interact with clients and potential clients
- Make sure you include plenty relevant information about your business, its products and/or services
- Upload pictures and videos
- Interact with other businesses
If you want your company to rank on Google, it is definitely a good idea to include Google Plus in your strategy for social media marketing.
Marketing.about.com had the following to say about the trend of social media & marketing:
What role should social media play in your marketing? As most of you know my view of marketing is it's a tool we use to inform consumers about our products, who we are and what we offer. Social media does that. Here is how:
- We can use social media & marketing to provide an identity to who we are and the products or services that we offer.
- We can create relationships using social media with people who might not otherwise know about our products or service or what our companies represent.
- Social media makes us "real" to consumers. If you want people to follow you don't just talk about the latest product news, but share your personality with them.
- We can use social media to associate ourselves with our peers, that may be serving the same target market.
- We can use social media to communicate and provide the interaction that consumers look for.
- As you can see social media carries with it a lot of value, but how do you do it right?
- You cannot just depend on social media, you must integrate it with other vehicles of marketing. While social media will create awareness, I'm not convinced that in the beginning it will sell a million dollars worth of product. That's not to say that one day once you've built up your social media "stardom" that it won't, but it probably won't happen tomorrow.
- Be yourself, reflect personality. There are no written "right" or "wrong" rules when it comes to social media, only you can determine what will work for you.
- Be consistent, if you do not plan on being consistent don't do it at all - it's a waste of everyone's time.
As mentioned, social media as a marketing tool requires a lot of time in order to make it successful. If you are unable to contribute this time to the SEO/marketing on social media, then get in touch with us at Ipcoweb. We can professionally assist you with your SEO, social media & marketing. Contact us today!