What is SEO and how can an SEO company optimize MY business?
How Google Ranking Actually Works
I have always been one to consider myself quite tech savvy, but what is SEO? I by no means mean that I’m going to be the next Steve Jobs, but I understand more than the basics when it comes to the internet. Like every other modern-day internet user, Google has come to the rescue on more than one occasion. Whether it’s helping in deciding what to cook for dinner that evening or helping you find the nearest garage to fix that now burst tire, Google seems to have become a lifeline that we’ve all become accustomed too.
However, amidst all my quick fix browsing, I never stepped back to wonder how exactly those 3 simple words that I type in bring up the exact results that I was looking for. Well, this is where my research started. Search engines apparently use algorithms to determine the pages displayed in their search results. In lay man’s terms, what that means is that a search engine looks at your query and searches through all its pages to see which page is most relevant and ranks them accordingly. There are certain features that each website must contain in order to achieve a higher ranking.
- is a mechanism by which your website is made search engine friendly. For the ordinary business owner (and the now apparently not so tech savvy plain Jane like me) SEO is a foreign concept that was not even considered when designing our websites.
So what is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is where an SEO company comes into play. An SEO company makes your website search engine friendly so that you get higher rankings when a search engine looks for results and this will result in your website pages being presented to consumers.
So it is really that easy; by SEO’ing your website, your business ranks higher and in turn makes you more money. Sounds great but more of a “sit back and relax” then “divulge into it yourself” person?! – Then contact Ipcoweb to find out more. There’s no need to be tech savvy, just a simple mindset change to lateral thinking.
How We All Think Google Ranking Works
5 free SEO tips to improve your website.
We at Ipcoweb want to help you to make your website more IT savvy. Our free SEO tips are sure to help. When you are trying to learn: how to create a website or how to design a website, no-one ever coaches you on how to SEO your website.
Why not try Ipcoweb’s top 5 free SEO tips:
- Write unique, new and interesting content for your website: By writing articles for you website on a regular basis, you are utilising keywords relevant to your product that could come up when internet users use Google to search
- Use Titles on EVERY page: Use unique titles for each page and avoid using symbols such as * / & @ in these titles.
- Host your website on a South African Domain - .co.za
- Use Headers: Use the formatting buttons at the top of Microsoft Word (H1 and H2) to indicate importance and highlight services you which to emphasise.
- Avoid using Flash: Flash is invisible to Google
Do you want to know more? Ipcoweb’s free page ranking workshops are open to any interested people and are held in most large business centres throughout South Africa (dependant on interest). The aim of the workshops is to educate attendees on best SEO practices.
What is internet marketing and does it really add value to my business?
Well now that I’ve figured out about SEO and how to SEO, I have realised that I don’t actually know about the core foundation of it all i.e. what is internet marketing? What is internet marketing and how do internet marketing and SEO tie in together?!
Internet marketing is referred to as the marketing or promotion of products or services over the Internet. This is considered to be broad in scope because not only does it refer to marketing on the Internet, but also includes marketing done via e-mail and wireless media.
There are three types of internet marketing:
- Pay per click or PPC
- Search engine optimization or SEO
- Social media marketing i.e. Facebook, Twitter etc.
We are all tired of IT consulting companies making false promises that they can’t deliver on. Let Ipcoweb optimize your website to let it work in only a positive way for you. Get with the times, make sure you really are tech savvy; contact us today for all your SEO requirements.
for a free SEO training sesion mail us on email@example.com